Photo (London Transport Police)
London Transport Police Travel Safety Advice
Whilst London’s transport system is generally safe, a few simple precautions can further reduce risks:
- Keep handbags and bags fastened closed and wallets in inside pockets
- Keep cash, mobile phones, MP3 players and other high value property such as laptops out of sight
- Keep your luggage with you at all times – this helps us avoid unnecessary security alerts and delays
- Report any unattended bags, luggage or suspicious activity immediately to a member of staff, a police officer or use the green emergency button on the station Help point
- If making your journey by minicab or taxi, always book your journey through a licensed operator. Text CAB to 60835 to get local licensed minicab and taxi telephone numbers sent to your phone – CABWISE
- Use well-lit and safe routes to and from locations and not short cuts – always plan your journey home before you set out. Look confident and walk purposefully to your destination.
- Report any incidents to members of station staff or a police officer. In an emergency, always dial 999. For further advice on reporting any crime, antisocial behaviour or low-level behaviour on the transport network view this link.
- When travelling late at night try to sit with other passengers in busy carriages wherever possible. Otherwise, you could also sit close to the driver.
- The consumption of alcohol is not permitted on public transport. If you see someone flouting this rule report it to a member of staff or to a police officer as soon as possible.
London Visitors is the official blog for the Visiting London Guide .com website. The website was developed to bring practical advice and latest up to date news and reviews of events in London.
Since our launch , we have attracted thousands of readers each month, the site is constantly updated.
We have sections on Museums and Art Galleries, Transport, Food and Drink, Places to Stay, Security, Music, Sport, Books and many more.
There are also hundreds of links to interesting articles on our blog.
To find out more visit the website here